Experience & Expertise
Andrew Anderson works as an employment lawyer in Brisbane, Queensland. Although based in Brisbane, he operates nationally. His practice mainly concerns representing small to medium-sized businesses, executives and employees.
While his employment practice primarily involves advisory work and discreet resolutions to workplace disputes, it is comprehensive and extends to full litigation. Focus areas include contracts, data and privacy, discrimination, dismissals, misconduct, redundancy, and work health and safety issues. His appellate practice covers multiple courts and areas of law.
Andrew Anderson is an experienced lawyer who has been independently described by the Courier Mail as “one of the best legal minds” and a “leading corporate and white-collar crime lawyer” (16 December 2021). In 2015, he was awarded the ‘Outstanding Early Career’ Alumni Award from James Cook University through the College of Business, Law and Governance.
On a daily basis, Andrew Anderson applies his skills and knowledge to guide clients through challenging, complex and serious problems. As may be seen from publicly accessible cases and law reports, his expertise and professional experience speaks for itself.
Appellate Experience: High Court
- Fennell  HCA 37 (instructing solicitor to Holt QC and Gover) (wrongful conviction)
- BBH  HCA 9 (junior counsel to Moynihan SC) (admissibility of evidence)
- Handlen; Paddison  HCA 51 (junior counsel to Sofronoff SG QC) (Constitutional rights)
- Hargraves ; Stoten  HCA 44 (junior counsel to Sofronoff SG QC) (Constitutional rights)
- Roach  HCA 12 (junior counsel to Moynihan SC) (admissibility of evidence)
Queensland Court of Appeal
Appellate Experience: Queensland Court of Appeal
- Young  QCA 131 (instructing solicitor to Holt QC) (miscarriage of justice)
- Young  QCA 3 (instructing solicitor to Holt QC) (miscarriage of justice)
- Succarieh  QCA 85 (instructing solicitor to Ryan QC and Ivessa) (sentencing principles)
- Houkamau  QCA 328 (sentencing principles)
- Dunn  QCA 254 (instructing solicitor to Holt SC) (miscarriage of justice)
- Dunrobin  QCA 175 (junior counsel to Callaghan SC) (miscarriage of justice)
- Suarez  QCA 190 (sentencing principles)
- Perini; ex parte A-G (Qld) (No. 2)  QCA 384 (junior counsel to Moynihan SC) (sentencing principles)
- Derks  QCA 295 (sentencing principles)
- You  QCA 279 (sentencing principles)
- Weekes  QCA 262 (sentencing principles)
- Price; ex parte A-G (Qld)  QCA 87 (junior counsel to Sofronoff SG QC) (sentencing principles)
- Perini; ex parte A-G (Qld)  QCA 30 (junior counsel to Moynihan SC) (sentencing principles)
- Stone  QCA 157 (sentencing principles)
- AAL  QCA 146 (sentencing principles)
- Gabbert  QCA 133 (sentencing principles)
Courts, Commissions & Tribunals
In addition to his appellate work, Andrew Anderson has experience before many other courts, commissions and tribunals, including:
- Federal Court of Australia
- Fair Work Commission
- Queensland Industrial Relations Commission
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Australian Human Rights Commission
- Crime and Corruption Commission (Queensland)
- Australian Criminal and Intelligence Commission
- Coroners Court (New South Wales / Queensland)
Andrew Anderson represented numerous clients, many being survivors of child sexual abuse, before the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse in Case Studies 4 (Sydney), 12 (Perth), 15 (Sydney), 34 (Brisbane) and 38 (Sydney). He previously served for several years as a member of the Children’s Law Committee of the Queensland Law Society.
With a background as a Principal Crown Prosecutor, Andrew Anderson has prosecuted numerous jury trials before the Supreme and District Courts in Queensland, including for charges of murder, manslaughter, attempted murder and trafficking in dangerous drugs.
Free Initial Consultation
Telephone Anderson Legal
Call Anderson Legal to see if this firm can assist you:
If it is outside business hours, but you want to register interest in a free initial consultation, complete the online form enquiry below. This firm will contact you at the first available opportunity.
Telephone Anderson Legal
During business hours, if you need to contact this firm for an ongoing matter or some other reason, call:
Office & Postal Address
Anderson Legal prioritises meetings via video-conferencing platforms. In-person meetings are strictly by appointment only. The office and postal address for this firm is 5 / 2 Benson Street, Toowong, QLD 4066.